Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Tab- Saalfield Dora, #1545, 1951

This is Saalfield #1545 (a reprint of #2604), called Dora. It features the same girl (Dora, natch), at ages 6, 10, 14 and 16 (though to me it looks like 6, 10, 19 and 27). I only have one file for the cover, so I assume that the front and back are identical on my version. The earlier version has the dolls on the back cover, and a grown up Dora driving a car on the front.

This is a pretty well drawn set, and there are a lot of outfits given that there are only 4 pages of clothes (and 4 dolls). Though the date in my reference book is 1951- these clothes look more mid-40's to me.



Just in case you don't know how to do this- click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then right click on the image to save it as a jpg. You can print it out from any graphics program.











2 comments:

barbarab said...

I really enjoy your blog Kathi. I don't have any of the paper doll sets you've posted so they are a nice addition to my collection.
I have to tell you Arnie came home with a half-gallon of Kroger "Death by Chocolate" ice cream and I thought of you!
Just read that Madeleine Albright is a knitter too.
Thanks for all the pds.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Love this PD, Kathi. It's one I do not have. Thanks. Love your blog. Judy