Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Magic 28- #1


I got my first pair of Magic 28 socks done tonight. These knitted up really quickly (though I used 30 sts, and did 30 rows on the cuff, and foot before the decreases). I knit fairly tight, and it's still a pretty small sock, so I think the next pair, I will use 36 sts. This is some hand-dyed wool- if you look close, you can see that the blues don't quite match. The yarn came from the same ball, but it was a graduated-color band dyejob, so the blues went from very pale to navy in the same skein. I tried to use the most *matching* parts of the yarn for this pair.

I just realized that the deadline for getting socks to the afghans for Afghans US handler is October 12. I had originally pledged to knit 12 pairs before Christmas. I don't think I'll be able to get that many pairs knitted by Oct. 5 (giving the PO a week for delivery), but I'll make as many as I can. I know there are other sock charities out there, so whatever doesn't get done by Oct 12, will go to another good cause (CIC, for example- though I see that page hasn't been updated for a year. Does anyone know if the information and address still applies?).

No comments: